Jun 21, 2009

love you!

This is my dad. And my sweet nephew, William. I think both of them are very cute. But today is Father's Day, not Nephew's day, so let's focus on Dad.

In the dictionary, under law-abiding citizen, you will find a picture of my dad.

Also, if you look up the words, rock solid, you will see that the Mr. Webster used him as an example.

You could say that Paul McCollum is the synonym for any number of words....reliable, strong, witty, constant and true. 

When it comes to fathering, these are some of the best possible traits that a man can possess. 
It's quite nice growing up knowing that your dad is going to be there for you no matter what.

My dad also has some interesting hidden qualities. He is obsessed with water fowl. We all knew he had an over-the-top affinity for antiques, but soon his house will contain more wooden bird replicas than is healthy, really. We'll intervene if we have to, but it's sort of endearing.

When we were little, he liked to scare us to death. He'd scratch on our window at night when he was out feeding the dog. He had an awful mask that he would lope around the house in. I inherited this odd trait and get a BIG thrill out of scaring my own children to death.  

At the end of the day, decoys and heart attacks aside, I could not ask for a better dad. I hate the miles between us and send you lots and lots of love and thanks and gratitude for all that you are and have done for me over the years.

Happy Father's Day, Dad!

 



 

No comments: