Jul 14, 2010

What's for Breakfast?

That's the first thing I was asked this morning.

A brownie and an ass whoopin'. I said.

And they were fine with that. And it was easy for me.

As Max sat on a stool and ate his brownie, we discussed what he was going to cook for dinner. (Wednesday is his night.)

He couldn't think of anything and I suggested cold cucumber soup. The British eat it during the summer, I said, it's cool and creamy and salty and easy to make.

"That sounds really good, but I can't serve that in our mismatched cups." he immediately replied.

Pause.

OK. I am thinking that, either...

A.) My eldest is gay!? or
B.) He is simply the product of, well,.... me.

It is safe to say that I am obsessed with dinnerware (plates, mainly) and proper food presentation. I believe that you can transform a meal with colorful and thoughtful presentation.

And that brings us full circle. A brownie and an ass whoopin' is much better than just a plain old brownie.

Wouldn't you agree?

And this story has a happy ending. I remembered that my fabulous friend, Jamie Jo, gave me a gift certificate for Pier 1 at the end of the school year.

Max shall have his matching cups/bowls! Thank you Jamie Jo!

1 comment:

Jamie Jo said...

Oh, so fun! I wish I could come shopping with you! I absolutely love dishes. . .I tried to unlove them for my move to Durango as I sold all of my fun dishes in a garage sale. . .and I was fine unloving dishes until I just read this post. . .I guess I need to head to Pier One, too!