Oct 16, 2010

Polka Dot Pumpkins







































As much as I like Halloween, I'm not big on carving pumpkins. I do it every year, but I usually offer up standard fare in the jack o lantern face department. None of those fancy, magazine worthy, works of art that some people whip out. And because I have three children, there are usually three pumpkins to be tackled. That's why I created the polka dot pumpkin! I've been doing this since Max was six months old. We lived in Port Townsend, WA and I had a halloween party for our mom's group and I went a bit crazy on the pumpkins with Matt's drill. But boy howdy is it fun.

I would explain how, but I think you can get it just by seeing the photos. Della did this one. You need a drill, different size drill bits and that's it. Drill away. Add candle and Voila! Everyone loves them, especially Max's friends.

I am doing one in Lew's class on Friday along with a scary story.

Can you tell that the top photo is in the bathroom? No one sees them on the front porch, so at night they come in for bath time by pumpkin light.

Spooky fun!

No comments: