Mar 3, 2010

huh...

We are driving home from school.

Max chimes out from the back seat...

"Mom. What's the difference between a lesbian and pedestrian?"

Well. Lots of thoughts came immediately to mind....most of them pretty humorous. But I wasn't really in the mood to go into great length. I actually don't even remember what I told him. I just remember the question.

Because WHAT KIND OF QUESTION IS THAT?

How does one even come up with a question like that?

But now that I've had some time to assimilate it, please let me answer it for you.

Max, my son, in some cases, there is no difference whatsoever. There are many lesbians who are pedestrians and many pedestrians who are lesbians. On the flip side of this unusual coin we will find the pedestrians who are NOT lesbians.

Are they different and what is the difference?

We would have to take that on a case by case basis.

And that, gentle reader, is where you come in.

If you are a non-lesbian pedestrian please feel free to comment at the end of this post and let Max know how you might feel 'different' or 'not different'. And in the interest of equality, if you are a lesbian pedestrian, how do you feel?

Inquiring minds want to know.

No comments: