In no particular order.....
1. Saw all of our wonderful family. Cousins, aunts, uncles, Kitty and Grandbear.
2. Ate our fill of incredible fried chicken, fried okra, fried tomatoes, fried fish, fried shrimp...are you seeing a pattern here?
3. Hunted for Native American pottery shards in the ocean at St. Theresa and found lots! Along with all sorts of exciting marine life...blue crab, hermit crabs, horseshoe crabs, fish, and alligators.
4. Acquired a new set of cousins...Mary Claire, J.P., and Abby....the perfect ages and new transplants to So. Georgia. Girls for Della, Hooray! (of course, they have always been our cousins, we just didn't see them very often.)
5. We had a paint a pony party. This means that we painted a live horse with real paint.
6. Went to cold, clear Wakulla Springs and swam with the alligators and jumped off the towers and took the scenic boat ride and got beautiful relief from the 100 degree days!
7. Max and Lew went boating with Uncle Ben and cousin Parker in Lake Iammonia and did some paddle boarding with the alligators. Another pattern emerging here....next time we should eat some fried gator just for the poetry of it all.
8. Spent LOTS of time swimming at the country club with cousins and old friends.
9. Lewis had a BLAST at History Camp and is ready to go again next year!
10. Della and Mary Claire went to Horse Camp and learned to ride!
11. Rat man made an appearance.
12. Caught lots of frogs and toads in the moonlight on Kitty and G-Bears's porches.
Thank you family, and Mom and Dad especially, for showing us such a wonderful time!
We love you and miss you!
fishing for blue crabs & armed for swimming!