Jul 8, 2010

Real Life Still Life

This is something that I have been thinking about for months. I am calling it the 'real life still life' and it is my reaction to all the perfectly staged blog photos that I simultaneously love and hate. A blog is a place to show ourselves to the world and so it would follow that we, of course, are looking to present our best selves. But sometimes I wonder...

Is your house ever a total pit? Are you ever really bummed? Do you lose your temper? Does your child suck at soccer? Did you have Wal-Mart frozen taquitos for dinner?

Because I did.

And they weren't organic. Or handmade. And Wal-Mart ain't 'buying local'. And I did NOT put sea salt on them.

So this is my ode to the real world. Check out how the dirty dishes are covering every available space. Last night's dinner ingredients are still out. Or was it the night before? You can tell that we've been drinking....wine and root beer!

Thank God my unemployed husband is doing the dishes.

Oh, but if you look very carefully, you will see one redeeming quality.

That's SEA salt next to the open jar of jalapenos.

Because I wouldn't want to be caught with my pants down in the salt department.

So look for a weekly Real Life Still Life. Because it's not always picture perfect around here.

1 comment:

Jamie Jo said...

I love your "ode to the real world" welcome to my life! You need to read my mother's day blog entry! :) And, if it makes you feel any better, Wal Mart taquitos are a staple in our house, not just an accident. . .now you probably don't want to be my friend! :)